Saturday, 23 February 2013

Old El Paso Chicken Bbq Fajita Kit




So this is a first for me but I  thought I'd do a food post as I was looking to start posting some different things and I was cooking a meal for me and my boyfriend so though why not!

I am in no way a gourmet cook in fact this is probably one of the only things I can cook and It's the easiest thing in the world and yummy as hell.



So firstly this is really the basics of what you need to make this lovely meal. 

1 Old El Paso Fajita kit
2 peppers (depending your preference)
2 small onions 
2 packs of 250gm chicken breast

The Kits themselves are normally about £3.80 but quite often a supermarket will have them on offer for £2.60. We sometimes add a few extra peppers just because we both really like them but that's just your own preference you can really put in it whatever you want. 



I also add a Uncle Ben's Mexican Style Rice to ours just for a little extra. There normally about 2 for £3.00 in any supermarket. I just put it in the microwave for 3 minutes just as I'm dishing up. 



In the Fajita pack contains:
Old El Paso Salsa Sauce
Old El Paso Spice Mix
Old El Paso 8 Fajitas




So first of all pre heat the oven to 180' (gas mark 4) 
 Start by chopping the peppers up into little slices and place them into the frying pan with some oil. 



Then slice the onions quite finely (again your preference) and pop those in the pan with the peppers. 



So now there in the pan. Fry them at a high heat until the onions look brownish then pop them into a dish and put them in the oven on a low shelf.





Whilst the onions and peppers are in the oven keeping warm. Cut the chicken into little chunks and fry them in the pan with a little oil until they turn a light brown. 
If you unsure whether there fully cooked then take one and slice in half to check its not pink in the middle. 



And finally add the peppers and onions to the chicken and mix in the Old El Paso Spice mix until its fully stirred in. 
 Pop the mix into a dish with a serving spoon and its ready to go. 
Pierce The pack of fajitas and pop in the microwave for 40 seconds. 
Pop the Uncle Bens Mexican Rice in a bowl. 
Pop the Salsa Sauce into a little bowl. 
Grate some cheese into a bowl (personal preference)




And there you have it! easy and simple to make and tastes gorgeous. 
Hope you enjoy!

Have you tried these kits? What do you think of this kind of post?
Would you like to see more like these? 

Let me know!

Lizzie Florence. x





No comments:

Post a Comment