Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Peplum & Big Girls . . .

So I'm under no illusion that I am bigger than the average bear.  
And since peplum tops have become popular I've really liked the style and would love to get one, but I've wondered whether they would suit me. 
So yeserday when shopping I tried one on and I'm still unsure. I really liked the colour but I just don't know whether it makes my hips and backside look huge (they don't need any extra help). 

In the end I didn't buy it as I would have pre fared the bigger size. 


So what do you think?   Do you like peplum tops?   Do they work for bigger girls?
Let me know your opinions.

Lizzie Florence xxx

8 comments:

  1. I am actually a fan of peplum tops, I think they work well as they bring out the figure, how can you do that if your too skinny?:) Great colour as well!
    please check out my blog if you have the time
    http://fashiondressit.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i really like the colour to . think i may have to make a purchase when i get paid : )

      i checked your blog out. its lovely. following it too : )

      lizzie florence xxx

      Delete
  2. I LOVE peplum tops and I think they are flattering no matter what size because they nip in at the waist and then flare out, giving the illusion of a smaller waist! I think this looks lovely, but it's important you feel comfortable wearing it. Maybe shop around a bit as the styles do tend to vary slightly :) x

    just-a-thought-natalie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the advice. yeah ill have to do some shopping around. I must admit I've tried a few and this is the best I've tried so far :)

      lizzie florence xxx

      Delete
  3. I really love the colour of this one and I agree with the other comments that they work well on all body shapes, giving the illusion of a smaller waist and curves in the right places :)
    E
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I love the colour too, I really need to go back and buy it. (when my student loan comes in). I think they suit all shapes but its difficult to find one that looks just right. I think different shops are different fittings. this one looks okay on me but I've tried them on in different shops and they've been awful haha.

      or maybe that's just me. . .

      lizzie

      Delete
  4. Definitely think it suits you, goes in and out in all the right places.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks :) I defintley need to purchase one. still haven't go round to it. ha

      I will do eventually :)

      Delete